Journal Entries

Friday, February 4, 2011

Viva Mexico - The Nature of Art

I recently read or heard an insightful quote about the inspiration of art. But I can’t quite remember what it was. It had something to do with all art being religious or, ahem, feminine and masculine in nature shall we say.


These two photos are examples of just that, both taken in Mexico. I love this one of Groom’s, how he managed to frame the subject matter - pointy, male leaves in front of lady spirals – and all that color. He’s showing us the birds, the bees, nature, plus human-made art layered with fractals. Every day, I seem to fall a bit more in love with him as he reveals yet another facet of his personality.


Meanwhile, the next photograph is one I took in a beach-front cantina. When Groom looked at it on the computer screen when we got home, he tried to rotate it 180 degrees so it would be right side up, but I stopped him, telling him that’s how the saint’s painting was hanging.

So whether or not you agree or disagree on the themes of art, go out and make some today.

No comments:

Post a Comment