Journal Entries

Friday, February 18, 2011

Leaving on a Jet Plane



In just a little while, Groom, Ken and I are heading to the airport from Brooklyn to fly back home. I sure hope I don't have to pay extra for the bags under my eyes. Oi! have we ever packed in adventure after adventure. You know it's been a good trip when I requested sleep for my birthday, that or I'm feeling every bit of my 32 years. Ha ha ha.

We spent yesterday at the Museum of Natural History and then had a truly fantastic meal at Saraghina's Italian restaurant here in the Bedford-Stuyvesant neighborhood. In fact, the best food we ate during our entire trip has been here in Brooklyn. This is the friendliest area and we'd stay here again in a heartbeat.

We only encountered two unpleasant people and they were in Manhattan. Both were living on the streets and were tossing out verbal grenades as folks walked by. I'd love to tell you what was said because they certainly had a way with words. Ironically, I had my camera slung over my shoulder and WAS NOT taking any photographs when the lady aggressively instructed me to do things with it I had never, ever considered.

Another gentleman, a street musician using a new guerrilla marketing technique, was trying to force us to buy his CD. When we would not engage, he used the most creative form of the F-word that I have ever heard and it's still making me laugh. I wish I could use his phrase here, but I shall refrain.

Okay, time to leave for the airport. Hopefully, you'll be hearing more from us when we arrive home safe and sound. If you're reading this while we're up in the air, please say a little prayer for the nerves. Thank you!

 
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.7

No comments:

Post a Comment