Journal Entries

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Twenty Years?!


Groom and I started our whimsical line of art jewelry in 1991 and by my calculations that’s 20 years! Every February we host an anniversary sale, an open house when we put our jewelry on sale (30 – 75% off) for one day only and invite our loyal customers and friends. It’s this Saturday, February 5th, from 10am – 4pm, so come on down.

We nosh, nibble, sip and kibitz. It’s a fun day to reveal new designs, sell some of last year’s items and prepare for the coming season.


Aah, the house is clean, the yard is spruced up and colorful spring flowers are planted. Groom’s in the kitchen baking away and the aroma of fresh pumpkin bread is wafting to where I am sitting at the computer, teasing my nose. Fortunately, or unfortunately, however you look at it, he made brownies earlier, so I just scarfed one down with a delicious cup of coffee. I asked him to hide them, so I would not be further tempted and he just looked at me and said, “Woman, control yourself.” Funny!


The sky here is blue today with the sun shining and the birds singing. With Valentine’s Day around the corner, I feel compelled to write this blog as a Valentine to life in general, to the beauty that surrounds.


Years ago, my mother began writing every day things that she felt gratitude for and my father, he is one of those (rare?) men who can actually say “I love you,” out loud and he is very forthcoming with his appreciation. I am lucky to be blessed with such examples.


Picking up the tradition, I keep an Alignment Journal. I write down at least eleven things everyday that I am grateful for, appreciative of, and happy about. I chose eleven because it is such a powerful number for me personally, one of my favorites and it also happens to be 20!!


I also write down things that line up, for example, I looked at the clock today at precisely 11:11am. Anytime I notice “coincidences” and synchronicity, I try to make a note of it. In other words, alignment. The more I notice, the more they show up and it’s so much fun to look back, even a few days later, and realize how bountiful life can be.


Pets, friends, loved ones and customers are mainstays in my life and I want to make certain each and every one of them know just how much I love and value them.

1 comment:

  1. Ohhh what I wonderful idea about the journal and I understand the 16th thing too. I'm going to start one. Good luck on your sale!
    Lori

    ReplyDelete