Journal Entries

Friday, February 11, 2011

Emboldened in New York

If you have seen a runway fashion show, you probably know that the designer's name is usually displayed at the front of the stage. This is me posing there right after the show today, before we went backstage and I got a photo with John Crocco, the designer for the Perry Ellis line. (I didn't get that shot with my phone, so will have to post it later...)

I am either being influenced by Ken's approach to life, or something in the water out here makes you bold, but I am shocking even myself by talking our way not just into a celebrity event, but now an invitation-only fashion show!

For some reason I didn't let the news that we hadn't actually gotten our names on the official list stop me from heading into the big tent at Lincoln Center and talking the keeper of the List into letting us into the standing room line. Who would have thought I'd have the cajones?

If that wasn't exciting enough, after being let into the venue, we were ushered into actual seats - and in the third row, no less!

I thought that enjoying the show from these great seats and snapping the above pic was a pretty good start to the day, but Ken insisted on going backstage to check out the scene, and snagged the designer himself for another terrific photo op... What a morning!

The rest of the day was spent soaking up some of the many pleasures of midtown Manhattan, and capped off by a fabulous dinner at Peaches restaurant in Brooklyn. Perhaps I'll be tired enough tonight to override the wired and get some much needed sleep.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.7

2 comments:

  1. You go girl! Life is too short to be held back by silly little lists and invites. The world is yours!!!
    Lori

    ReplyDelete