Journal Entries

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Viva Mexico - The Frida Edition


Mexico brings to mind many images: The warm sun, beautiful beaches, kind people, palm trees, and color, but for me, nothing says Mexico more than Frida Kahlo (1906-1954).

Most of you know that I have long been accused of reminding people of the notorious artist, so one day I decided to dress up like her, augmenting my eyebrows in the process and the rest you could say, is history.


Kimmmm bought me a Frida finger puppet to match hers from Nick and Prestons Imaginarium when we went to New York together in 2008. At this writing, we are supposed to go there a week from today, but with all the ice and storms, we have no idea if it will happen. It’s a nail biter…


But back to Frida. For the last three years, little Frida has traveled in my purse, going on various adventures together. How could I deny Mini-Me a trip to her homeland?



Frida hangs with her peeps.


Sombrero rooftop view of the Malecon.


Hmmm, check out all the hombres in this place, Que Lindo!


Uh-oh, it didn't feel like I had too many...at the time.


More images of me, me meeeee!


Banderas Bay, baby.


"You are the wind beneath my wings..."


Frida made a fun friend with Aqua Junko Artworks


Frida is overcome by Sascha's hommage necklace.


Mwa ha ha, Frida with Lori's skull. 


Love love love love love love love this!!!!!!


Frida getting into more trouble at Le Bistro Jazz Club


A Frida inspired necklace Cindy made in the "Fun with Dick and Jane" workshop at the Hacienda Mosaico.


Frida sunbathing with new amiga at the Villa Del Palmar Resort in Puerto Vallarta.

1 comment:

  1. What a life you have little Frida! What wonderful sights and travels you can take. I'm glad you could make it back to the US without any problems, maybe you have a passport? I hope you get to go to NYC -- opps maybe it was a suprise for you! Loved meeting you!

    ReplyDelete