Journal Entries

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Shodding in The Market

I’ve always looked at shoes as being immensely beautiful things. – Graham Coxon

Oh goodness, I must be tired. Groom and I started out for a walk and we managed to get part way down the block before he stopped and pointed. “You’re going to wear those?” he asked. I hadn’t even noticed that I was still wearing my pink slippers!

One of the most famous elements of Cinderella is her glass slipper. Part Cinderella myself, I fancy exotic footwear and my camera is often drawn toward the floor to see what others stand on. Los zapatos featured in these photos were all taken at the Eugene Holiday Market last Sunday, November 28th.

The symbolism for shoes includes wisdom and “understanding,” because they are actually under our standing. Shoes represent our foundation, what we stand on, our walk in life, our movement forward and how we carry ourselves.


Of course, their primary function is to protect tender soles (souls?) at the connecting point to the earth. An important part of any spiritual walk is being both connected and grounded, an important balancing act if we want to stay upright in the frenzy of 21st century life.

While it might not be sound advice to make friends simply based on tootsie wraps, shoes do have a way of revealing facets of personality. I wonder what my slippers reveal about me? Whoops, never mind.

1 comment:

  1. Lol, I love it! I bet you two got such a kick out of that! Hey, you were comfy. Thats all that mattered ;) I myself am a lover of shoes as well though as time goes by I find the shoes I'm most drawn to are practical ones, them being so understanding and all ;). Though every now and again I like to click my heals together in a " there's no place like home" pair of beauties ~ I like to call em' that cause I'm usually no where near home having already walked a mile or so, and wishing I were. Thus the old tender foot falls back into hibernation in doubled up sockies. Comfort, Warmth and foot fancy free.

    ReplyDelete