Journal Entries

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Ogling The Gargoyle

The last few weeks for us have been about Washington. We went to Seattle for the U-District Street Fair and turned right around and drove to Spokane for ArtFest.


ArtFest is one of our favorite shows to do. Set in a beautiful park, surrounded by stunning Victorian architecture, it is a camera addict’s dream.

On the first day of the show, I met a budding photographer and we instantly hit it off. Groom watched the booth while she and I ran away from the circus with our cameras and practically drooled over all the turrets, transoms, and entablatures.


The next day we did it again, ogling the gargoyles, gables and cobblestones. 


What felt great about the experience (besides playing hooky from the booth), is that we were both open to how the other one viewed the world. The lens was our magic door. I watched what animated her while she noted what sparked my attention. 


There was no competition, only pure inspiration at play.


While I can’t speak for her, I feel that she helped me raise my game, and for that I offer a Thank You.

2 comments:

  1. Great photos --- looks like you had fun a new eye.
    I love the look of black & white.
    Lori B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pictures look so awesome and I had a great time running around taking pictures with our phone cameras and seeing little bits of the world from someone else's lens (so to speak, since its a phone). I can't wait for Portland in 2 weeks! It'll b another exciting adventure!
    Your hookie partner,
    Carissa

    ReplyDelete