Journal Entries

Friday, March 11, 2011

Japan

All day yesterday I be trippin’ down memory lane because on March 10th of 2009 Groom and I flew from the Left Coast of America over the International Date Line to arrive in Osaka, Japan on today’s date of March 11th. Many of you were reading the blog and might recall us sending brief entries whenever we had access to computers, which was a lot less than we thought considering where we were.


Since the memories are still fresh, Groom and I were tossing back “Do you remembers?” all day yesterday. This morning we woke up to the news that Japan is suffering massive earthquakes and tsunamis. My heart is breaking.

You see, part of the reason we went to Japan was for closure. I had to visit the grave of a dear, dear friend and say goodbye. Places and people to which I grew attached had gone missing in the devastating Kobe earthquake of 1995 and walking through familiar paths and seeing what survived and what had been demolished was tough and the reunions with folks still alive and accounted for brought such immense joy, but now to watch the “live reports” and videos of the current damage just sends shockwaves through my being.


So please join us in sending love, prayers and blessings of light to those experiencing this great upheaval first hand. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment